Wednesday 1 July 2015

June favourites

Happy July everyone! So I know i haven't been blogging long but I thought I would do a June favourites post as I've tried lots of new things. 

The first thing I mentioned in my last post, a book called 'The Manifesto on how to be Interesting'. It's relatable, funny and sad all at once, and deals with some real issues in life.


Next is a makeup product. It's 'cream crush' eyeshadow from Kiko Milano Cosmetics. I got the rose gold type colour, and I wear it a lot, but it looks hardly used! it's really great, I've had it since the end of May and I love it.




This next one relates to the eyeshadow. They're these eyeshadow brushes (although i think they do other brushes aswell) called 'ecotools' and basically they're made from all natural material that doesnt harm the environment. They are sooo soft and I use them all the time! They're double ended, and come in a pack of two so there's four brushes. There's a application brush, a smudger, a blending brush and a slanted gel liner brush. I would really recommend these!


So in my (very minimal) daily makeup routine I always use mascara. I used to use 'scandal eyes retro' but then it ran out and i wanted to try something different, so i bought the rimmel 'wonderfull' mascara. at first I wasn't sure about it, but now I love it! It elongates your eyelashes without being obviously clumpy, and it looks really natural compared to a lot of mascaras, i only use one coat! (sorry for the bad quality photo guys, it started to get dark when i took this).


As it's summertime now, and sandals are in fashion (I don't wear flip flops - I know I know, shocking - but they hurt my feet) and i have a lot, i mean a lot, of nail varnish, so i decided to paint my toenails. I decided on a lilac-y colour to try something new and I love it! I've had it on for just under a week now and no chips so far, which is like world record for me! It's by Seventeen, and it's a 'colour carnival' polish. 


Next up is a hand cream/body butter in a tube (I use it as hand cream but it says body butter so I thought I would mention it). Now, I don't use hand cream very often as I usually find it makes my hands feel greasy, but it smelt so good I had to buy it! It's by soap and glory, and I don't know if you've smelt their body spray 'mist you madly' but it smells exactly like that, it's gorgeous, and it isn't greasy at all.


Who else's hair gets frizzy when it's humid? *whole world raises hand*. Yep, that's what I thought. I feel your pain. I usually straighten my hair (even though it's naturally straight) just to try and keep the frizz under control. Now I have sensitive hair so I use heat protection spray, and the V05 one is amazing! Not only does it protect your hair, it acts as a sort of hairspray (in my opinion at least, I feel it keeps my hair in place) and it's great!


Last but definitely not least, is not a product but a dress. I love dresses. At the moment theres a big thing for bardot (off the shoulder) stuff. Towards the start of June I went on a little shopping trip with some of my friends, saw this dress and I had to buy it. It's a bardot skater dress with a beautiful, colourful flower pattern on it, and I wear it so often, because it goes with flats, heels, and even converse/vans type shoes. (sorry the picture is horizontal I don't know how to turn it)


So there you have it. My June favourites. Thank you for reading, it means a lot. 

Mia xx





No comments:

Post a Comment